Thursday, August 12, 2010

Seashore


Water air and sun
with salty swoosh it beckons
Come and stand where wonder begins

To play
with sand pails and shovels
children leave their creations
gift offerings
for the tide to consume each day

the lost come here to find themselves
and the found to be reminded
of their infinitesimal smallness against the work of an eternal hand

civilization crowds with concrete and glass against its shore
the crush of man at lifes edge
the siren song calls them all

come here to die
come here to live!
Come!
you who seek....

and I will give.

3 comments:

  1. got me on this.
    " gift offerings for the tide"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Fabulous! Especially in light of the fact I have been studying the properties of water I have found that through our DNA we are directly linked to certain bodies of water. So your words of 'come here to die, come here to live!' are very aptly said Dear Indie! I loved your flowing poem!

    Many Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Syaf. I always appreciate your excellent eye for composition and your honesty.

    Alaska, I read one time that the Egyptians had over 50 words for sand. I wonder how many words have been invented by cultures for water? Wouldnt that be interesting to know?

    Indie

    ReplyDelete