Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daydream From a Woman's Heart

Daydream From a Woman's Heart

In my most perfect daydream
my children would turn out exactly as I wrote the script
I would be beautiful
and thin!

my husband would be possessed of the singular ability to read my mind
(and like what he read)
my dog would behave
my cooking would be renown
my friends would adore me
my enemies would change their mind about me
my colloquialisms for life would be exquisite to all!

and finally..........
I would grow old and die

surrounded by
my loved ones both two and 4 legged...

screech...............

sound of record stopping!

How ABSOLUTELY boring!

How done already!

Instead....
I propose an alternate scenario for all us mothers and women out there who have hearts filled with dreams...

our children will abandon our script and we will be glad
(for how can they let go of the past in order to shape the future?)

We will suddenly realize that we already are beautiful in the minds eye of those who truly get us
what a relief

we can lay that beauty/thin/ thing down on the side of the road starting right now
a dog not behaving?
That is what makes blood to boil,
and laughter to bubble forth
and generates great stories to tell over dinner
keep it up pup!

More than likely our cooking is plenty renown - its just a matter of not serving it till after everyone is hungry - then make them wait 30 more minutes - its all about the perception!
as for our friends...

they already do adore us - that is why they are our friends
whereas our enemies never really knew us,
pity, really (for them)
and as for our colloquialisms shining in our clever use of superlatives...
the truth is it never was us at all.

Rather,
it has been life itself
all along

shining in its exquisiteness

our words are merely reflecting that glow,
thus decreeing every day a chance to shine
because it is all already there - waiting for us to show up.

As for dying, why think about it really?

Maybe I will die standing on top of a mountain I just climbed at the age of 100 just to see if I could.

Maybe I will die in bed
(I hope its in my sleep.)

Since none of us knows or can impact or plan for it in any way, why really care?

What we can plan, what we can impact,
is each day

right now.

We can love our children just as they are
and that goes for husbands too...

and friends be they of the two or 4 legged variety.

We can recognize that what nourishes best is anything that is real,
be it food,

words,

or glances...

and we can serve them up warmly and often.

Now that I think about it,

I like this plan.

I like this woman better.

I am going to go off the script of average and take the adventurous and unknown and embrace it with lifes arms wide open.

How about you?

3 comments:

  1. i love the serving the real up warmly and often. loved this whole thing......
    i'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can recognize that what nourishes best is anything that is real...
    I'm with Ter! :)
    I say Bravo! I loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive post. Indie, I'd love to read a book written by you.
    so much inspiration.

    and about "my enemies would change their mind about me" .... I can't believe that you have enemies.

    ReplyDelete